Things You Should Know About Coffee

Are you a coffee drinker? Well, you must check this out! 
Things you should know about coffee!!! Learn, learn, learn...

1. Ethiopian shepherds first noticed the effects of caffeine when they saw their goats appearing to become frisky and dance after eating coffee berries.
2. Coffee was eaten. African tribes mixed coffee berries with fat which formed edible energy balls.
3. The rise of Islam contributed greatly to the popularity of coffee. The religion prohibited drinking alcohol, but coffee was considered an acceptable drink.
4. All coffee in the world grows in the Bean Belt, an area between Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. 5. Hawaii is the only state in the US that grows coffee.
6.  In 1675, the King of England banned coffee houses, claiming they were places where people met to conspire against him.
7. 70% of the world consumes Arabica coffee, which is mild and aromatic. The remaining 30% drinks Robusta, which is more bitter-tasting but has 50% more caffeine than Arabica.

8. Coffee grows up to 30 feet tall, but is cultivated to be around 10 feet (3 meters) tall for easy-picking.
9. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth. Oil is the first.
10. Coffee berries are picked,  dried and stripped down until all that's left is a green bean. Once shipped, the beans are roasted at around 500F. After a few minutes, the bean will pop and double in size. A few minutes after that, the bean will pop once more. The second pop means the bean is done. The bean is now ready to fulfill its destiny...
11. George Washington invented instant coffee in 1906.
12. Espresso is not a particular type of bean, roast or blend. It is just a way that coffee is prepared.
13. The term "Americano" comes from America GIs during WWII. They would order espresso with water to dilute the strong flavor.
14. Furthermore, the term "cup of joe" comes from American serviceman (GI Joes) in WWII being seen as big coffee drinkers.
15. (How does caffeine work?) In your brain there is something called Adenosine and it only wants to hang out with certain receptors. When these two get together, you get drowsy. When caffeine show up, it attaches to the receptors so that Adenosine cannot. Your pituitary gland sees this and thinks there's an emergency, so it tells the adrenal glands to produce adrenalin. In addition, caffeine bumps up your dopamine levels.(And what is the result?) As a result, you become a caffeine high...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Facebook Comment